If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (503) 684-5829

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Microwaves can cause fires in the kitchen

10/18/2017 (Permalink)

Fire Damage Microwaves can cause fires in the kitchen SERVPRO® of Tigard/Tualatin 503-684-5829

October is home fire prevention month so all month long SERVPRO® of Tigard/Tualatin will be bringing you tips and information from the Red Cross on how to prevent fire and save lives. Each year, the Red Cross responds to nearly 64,000 disasters, the majority of which are home fires resulting in about 7 deaths and 36 injuries every day and over $7 billion in property damage every year. The Red Cross reports that most home fires occur in the kitchen during cooking, usually on stovetops, not the oven as some may think. Be sure to say in the kitchen when cooking, frying, or grilling on your stove top. If your microwave is not built in, make sure it is clear of surrounding cluster and its vents are not obstructed. For more tips on home fire safety and prevention contact SERVPRO® of Tigard/Tualatin & SERVPRO® of Beaverton at 503-684-5829, we are ready to help you make it “Like it never even happened.” #SERVPROTigard #SERVPRO #LikeItNeverEvenHappened #HereToHelp #ReBuildingStories #FirePreventionMonth

Other News

View Recent Posts