Be prepared for a commercial loss in your Tigard/Tualatin workplace
STOP! If you have water or fire damage in your property right now, call us at 503-SERVPRO RIGHT NOW. Don’t wait to mitigate - the longer damage sits unattended, the more likely it will develop secondary damage. Call us at 503-SERVPRO now.
If you or someone you know works in a large commercial building, you may benefit from preparing a workplace emergency preparedness kit! SERVPRO of Tigard/Tualatin/Lake Oswego/West Linn and Beaverton is passionate about preparedness, and as we operate out of a large commercial space, we know how beneficial a kit could be in the event of an emergency.
As you’re building a kit, whether it’s generally applicable and stored in a shared office space, or specific to you and kept at your desk - it’s important to choose the right storage material and to keep your kit updated. Using airtight, water-proof bags and containers to store a kit could keep your supplies in working condition. Additionally, consider transportable containers, such as a backpack.
Whether general or specific, consider the following items to include in your kit:
- A large flashlight and extra batteries.
- A first aid kit.
- Surgical masks or dust masks.
- Water purification tablets.
- Prepackaged foods. Emergency survival food ration bars are ideal for storage and consumption.
- Mylar emergency blankets.
- Bottled water - plan for one gallon of water per person per day for at least three days, for both drinking and sanitation.
- An emergency whistle attached to a lanyard.
- Maps of your local area.
- Duct tape.
- Work gloves.
- Hand warmers.
- Hand sanitizer and moist towelettes.
- Plastic garbage bags.
- Non-prescription medications such as pain relievers.
- Contact lens solution.
It’s important to pack supplies for three to seven days. If your commercial workplace ever experiences a large loss, or a disaster, while you are at work, know that making a kit like this could help keep you and your coworkers safe.
Safety comes first, but when it’s time to restore and rebuild - call SERVPRO of Tigard/Tualatin/Lake Oswego/West Linn and Beaverton at 503-684-5829.