Ready For You
Late Night Fire
SERVPRO of Tigard/Tualatin/Lake Oswego/West Linn and Beaverton provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in the Multnomah County area.
We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – (503) 684-5829 SERVPRO of Tigard/Tualatin/Lake Oswego/West Linn and Beaverton
Whether your Multnomah County home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your commercial property in the Multnomah County Area. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business.
Advanced technology and techniques
We, at SERVPRO of Tigard/Tualatin invest in the latest technology and equipment because it helps us restore your home more quickly and efficiently while minimizing cost. We invest in technology such as a thermal camera that allows us to detect moisture inside walls, technology like rescue mats that help to extract water from your hardwood floors and allow them to be dried in place. SERVPRO puts time and money into researching and developing the absolute best products to help to clean and restore your home or workplace to preloss condition.
Having advanced technology regarding restoration products can reduce the amount of demolition and damage to your home. Rather than having to cut a hole in a wall to read the moisture we can detect it with a state-of-the-art thermal camera. This saves time, money and prevents unneeded demolition or archaic restoration methods.
Kitchen Fire Safety
A favorite activity of many residents in Tigard and Tualatin, cooking lets us show off our skill and our personalities. It also brings friends and family together, teaches our children a vital but fundamental skill, and promotes our health.
Tigard and Tualatin part-time chefs can protect their kitchens from fire damage by exercising caution when frying foods. Oils can quickly ignite, creating instantaneous flames that can spread quickly. If this happens, turn off the stove's burners as quickly as possible. Using water in attempts to extinguish such fires rarely ends well. Instead, cover the pot to suffocate the flames, or toss several boxes of baking soda on a blazing skillet, which can extinguish the fire, if you act quickly enough.
However, it takes a tremendous amount of baking soda to accomplish this feat. The mistaken use of baking powder, or worse, flour, can create even more problems, as these ignite when exposed to too much heat. Smoking heavily, oil gives off a warning sign when becoming too hot, so reducing the temperature can effectively prevent a grease fire.
Even if a kitchen fire blazes for only a short time and efforts to extinguish it succeed, the smoke can ruin your kitchen. However, the technicians at SERVPRO combine extensive experience with intensive training, so your home always receives the protection it deserves. We can clean your kitchen and adjacent areas in your home, so it sparkles once again. Making homes feel clean and bright again, so homeowners feel “Like it never even happened,” makes our work fulfilling and highly worthwhile.
At times, structural damage to the home occurs because of a fire that raged out of control and spread, but we are always ready for such disasters. Cleaning these situations up to restoring your home through repairs or replacements makes it safe once again to enjoy cooking and providing others with delicious food from your kitchen. Removing the sooty deposits means no malodorous remnants remain to ruin the taste of your food, either.
SERVPRO of Tigard/Tualatin can be contacted at our local number, (503) 684-5829, any day of the year, and at any hour. We care about those in our community and helping ensure that each family can engage in their daily activities without interruption remains one of our goals.
How to Handle Black Water
Black water is defined as any floodwater containing contaminants or viruses the can potentially cause illness or infection. Sewage would qualify as Black water. Any event of sewage back up needs to be addressed immediately. Arming yourself with the knowledge of what causes a sewage back up may help you prevent this occurrence at you home.
Causes of Sewage Back Up
- Clogging – When your home’s main sewer line or drain pipe’s become clogged, there is potential for a sewage back up. An example of this would be if one toilet creates a sewage back up, the drain connected to that particular toilet has become clogged. If all of the toilets in your home begin to back flow, this is a signal that your main sewage line has become clogged. Clogs are caused by solid materials, such as hair or grease.
- Plant Roots – A tree’s root system has the potential to intertwine with sewage lines. Roots can grow into pipes and make holes in it and can also grow around the pipes and potentially crush them. Roots from nearby trees can also travel to your sewage line and cause damage.
- Aging Sewer Lines – Pipes used to be made of easily deteriorating materials such as cast iron and clay. Older systems made with these materials have the potential to break down and split, causing backups and flooding. Fortunately, durable plastic materials have become the plumbing standard.
- Heavy Rains – Sudden heavy rainfall can overwhelm Portland’s sewage system. If a public sewage system can’t withstand a sudden influx of rainwater, the excess water may travel into adjacent sewer lines. This can put your home at risk for backflow.
Preventing Backup at Your Home
- NEVER pour cooking grease down your drain. Oil can harden inside of your pipes as it cools and clog your pipes. The proper way to dispose of cooking grease is to pour it into a heat resistant container and place the container in the trash when it cools off.
- Do not flush paper products. Paper towels, diapers and feminine hygiene products have no business being flushed down the toilet and can very easily clog your drainage system. Dispose of these items properly of risk potential backups later.
- Update the pipes in your drainage system or remove tree roots. A good preventative measure to avoid costly repairs later is to replace your lead or clay sewer lateral pipe (the line in your yard) with an updated plastic pipe. It is also good to cut the tree roots back as they grow near your drainage system.
- Consider installing a backwater prevention valve. This fixture can prevent sewage from backing up into your home. Typically, backwater prevention valves are installed into a sewer line and sometimes into the basement drain line.
If you experience a sewage backup in your home, call SERVPRO of Tigard/Tualatin immediately to begin the remediation process. Handling black water yourself puts you at risk for disease and infection.
Our highly trained technicians are ready to respond immediately to flood or water damage at your Portland property. We have the experience, expertise, and training to restore your home or business quickly and properly. We use advanced inspection and extraction equipment to remove the black water quickly. Our technicians will monitor and document the drying process to ensure your property is back to normal.
Cleaning Up After a Fire
When smoke damage strikes your home or office after the chaos and immediate worry is over you may be asking each other, how to clean up the mess? Maybe even talk and make plans to clean up the mess yourselves. After all, it will keep costs down and you can get it done in your time frame.
It is completely within your rights to decide who helps with your loss or to do the work yourselves. But we at SERVPRO® of Tigard/Tualatin are trained in the latest techniques and with the best cleaning agents to cut through soot and smoke in your property.
We work alongside you and your insurance company to quickly get you back in your home or office restoring your property to preloss condition and making it “Like it never even happened.”
If fire damage should occur in your home or office, from an electrical fire or a grease fire on the stove, we are here 24/7, 365 to help you. Call us at 503-684-5829.
Working For You
At SERVPRO we pride ourselves in working with; not for, your insurance company. We always keep your best interest in mind which entails not cutting corners to meet minimum material and labor criteria. This means we use the material, labor and engineers to best return your home to preloss condition rather than using sub-par or less-than-equal parts to save your insurance money from your loss.
Our team has the experience, knowledge, and legal advisors to ensure that your property returns to preloss condition regardless of the requests or restrictions your insurance company places on your loss claim. If you have any questions regarding the working relationship between yourself, your insurance company/adjuster and our company feel free to call us at (503) 684-5829
Faster to Any Size Diaster
Aftermath of a disaster
SERVPRO® of Tigard/Tualatin, Lake Oswego, West Linn and Beaverton knows that when disaster strikes immediate action is key to limiting damages. One service that we offer is to help identify where the emergency shut off are in your business so that you and your crews know what to do if disaster should strike. When everyone knows where to go and what to do when disaster strikes, injuries and damages go way down. Call SERVPRO® of Tigard/Tualatin at (503) 684-5829 to talk about how we can help.
During a disaster or emergency situation it is vital to ensure the safety of those in and around the building prior to locating and turning off any emergency shutoffs. Only access these areas if you are in no immediate danger and the safety of others is cared for first.
Certified and Ready
SERVPRO of Tigard/Tualatin, Lake Oswego, West Linn and Beaverton is an IICRC certified restoration service provider. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) creates the standards for the restoration industry and provides training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
- Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
- Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
- Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
- Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops the Standards for the Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
SERVPRO of Tigard/Tualatin, Lake Oswego, West Linn and Beaverton
SERVPRO of Tigard/Tualatin, Lake Oswego, West Linn and Beaverton specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
- RRRP - Lead-Based Paint Activities and Renovation
- AMRT - Applied Microbial Remediation Technician
- ASD - Applied Structural Drying Technician
- CCT - Carpet Cleaning Technician
- SRT - Fire & Smoke Damage Restoration Technician
What to do after a house fire
A house fire can be one of the most devastating events to occur in the life of a homeowner. In an attempt to save money, insurance companies will actively look for ways to penny-pinch fire insurance claims. It is likely you have lost a tremendous amount of personal belongings and have suffered a substantial amount of mental anguish. You don’t need an insurance company giving you grief about your claim. Here are a few tips that you can proactively implement in the event of a fire loss.
Review your policy
You may have replacement coverage for you home, but it may only be for “actual cash value” for your lost personal items. Upon contacting your insurance company, the agent should be able to tell you about this and may suggest purchasing an endorsement to ensure that your personal belongs will, in fact be covered under a replacement policy.
Secure Your Property
Most homeowner’s coverage policies require the insured to make reasonable efforts to minimize secondary damage to their property. Without getting overly complicated, this is what is known as your duty to mitigate damages. These are usually simple items such as covering exposed areas with plastic or shutting off the water main in the event of a burst pipe. It is likely that you will be reimbursed for any expense incurred when you start your claim.
Immediately File Your Claim.
All homeowner policies require that you report the damage as soon as possible. Your first step is to submit a “proof of loss” claim to your agent. This document will consist of an itemized list your losses and the value of each item. The longer you put off this step, the longer it will take your insurance company to send an adjuster to address your claim.
Record Your Living Expenses
All homeowner’s policies contain a “loss of use” clause which entitles the insured to be reimbursed for additional living expenses incurred while their home is uninhabitable. Be mindful that these expenses only include additional living expenses, meaning the difference between your normal expenses and what it is costing your while you are kept from your home. An example of this would be If your families normal food budget is $600, but due to your circumstance, your family spends $750 in a week by going out to eat, you can claim that additional $150.
Fire damage remediation is a long process, and navigating your insurance can prove to be difficult without the correct knowledge. Regardless of if you have experienced a small kitchen fire or a complete burn down, you will need an experienced restoration company to help assess the damage. SERVPRO is ready when fire strikes, 24/7. Our team of highly trained, IIRC certified professionals see this every day. Let us be your partner in the road to recovery. Call us today. (503) 684-5829. We are always here to help.
Dealing with Snow
We are really good in the Pacific Northwest at dealing with rain, lots of rain, but we struggle dealing with snow. It’s rare and beautiful, but when it starts to linger on your roof and cause an ice dam it’s not so great. Even worse still when snow starts to make its way into your home and your house is packed with friends and family.
SERVPRO® of Tigard/Tualatin is dedicated to serving the community. We are dedicated to helping our customers when disaster strikes and helping to make it “Like it never even happened.” We are ready 24/7, 365 at (503) 684-5829 to help you. We are a certified franchise who are committed to serving our community when disasters strikes.